1. Muslims do not believe in Muhammad(P) as God or venerate and worship him as God. We believe that he is a Messenger of God, just like Moses(P) and Jesus(P), and that he brought God’s Words to us. He neither conceived his own conception of God nor did he told Muslims to establish Islam with force.
2. Muslims do not believe that Muhammad(P) is the Messiah. We believe that Jesus(P) is the Messiah. The only thing that we do not agree about him with Christians is that Jesus(P) is a Living God and/or a part of the Trinity along with God (The “Father”) and the Holy Spirit.
3. Muslims do believe that the “real” Torah (Taurat) did predict the coming of Jesus(P) as well as Muhammad(P).
4. Muslims do believe that Jesus(P) did predict the coming of Prophet Muhammad(P) and it was written in his Gospel (Injeel).
5 — Muslims do not believe in worshipping idols or moon gods. No Muslim believes that the reason why the Cresent is the Muslims’ symbol on their flag is because Muhammad(P) had taken the religion of the moon god and call it “Islam”. That is a fabricated lie about Muhammad(P) and the origins of Islam. The reason why the Cresent is the symbol on our flag is because we start our fasting month of Ramadhan when the Cresent appears, and we end that month when the full moon appears after 30 or 31 days of the Crescent’s appearance. The Crescent is not a “holy symbol”.
6. Muslims do not believe that Jesus(P) was a false Prophet. We believe that Jesus(P) was a Messenger of God who came down to earth and revealed God’s words to the people of Israel he was sent to, just like Moses(P) did, and he was born to Mary, created with the Word and Spirit from God with no mortal father whatsoever. We believe that Christians misconceive the notion of Jesus(P) being God in flesh when he said he was the son of God.
7. Muslims do not view Muhammad(P) as a Holy Figure that they worship. Muslims only worship and prostrate before All?Almighty (God) and no one and nothing else. 1⁄3 of the entire Holy Qur’an talks about the Oneness of God and how God will punish those who worship multiple Gods and idols.
8. Muslims do not view the Bible as a man-made lie. We (Muslims) view the current Bibles of today as modified books, originally written by disciples of Jesus(P) that can now no longer be trusted. The Bibles of today had been tampered with and cannot be traced back to its original authors. We also believe that the Gospels that Christians currently have is not the one given by God to Jesus(P) in the first place.
9. The Holy Qur’an does not tell us Muslims to fight “Holy Wars” against non-Muslims to force them to accept Islam. Muslims are only allowed to fight in defence of Islam if we are persecuted with force and to retaliate with the equal amount used against us. In the Qur’? we read that :
“Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits ; for All?loveth not transgressors” (Qur’an, 2:190)
“And if you take your turn, then retaliate with the like of that with which you were afflicted ; But if ye endure patiently, verily it is better for the patient.” (Qur’an, 16 : 126)
10 — The Arabic word JIHAD is often mistranslated as “Holy War”. There is no such thing as a “Holy War” in Islam, nor does such a term exists in the Qur’an the authentic Hadith collections or in the early Muslim writings. JIHAD is actually literally translated as “struggle”. The word for “war” in Arabic is HARB.
11 — We Muslims believe in the Glorious Qur’an as the Revelation from Allah (God) given to his Last Prophet Muhammad(P). The validity and the authenticity of the Qur’an also do not depend on the confirmation of modern science or any of its human exponents in it. What is human is fallible while the Qur’an being the word of God is infallible and eternal. Thus, even if the findings of scientific facts in the Qur’an are invalidated, that does not detract from the beauty and rare force of this Divine Book, for a reader of the original in Arabic immediately experiences its beauty, power and grandeur without resorting to the use of rational analysis.
And only God knows best !